hollicakes <3's MOvember!
So its about halfway through the month, how are everyone’s mustaches’ coming along for Movember?
What is Movember?
During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men’s faces, in the US and around the world. With their Mo’s, these men raise vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men.
Check out the Movember website HERE.
When I think of Movember, I think of guys. And types of food that remind me of the guys.
Like chocolate, beer, pretzels, and eating store-bought frosting straight from the can (AKA my dad, hah).
I decided on a Chocolate Stout cupcake, topped with Dark Chocolate frosting and Chocolate-Covered Pretzel’s. YUM!
Chocolate Stout Cupcakes
-makes about 24
1 cup stout beer (I used Guinness Extra Stout)
1 cup unsalted Butter
3/4 cup cocoa
2/3 cup sour cream
6oz dark chocolate
2 cup flour
2 cup sugar
1 1/2 t baking soda
3/4 t Salt
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
2. Simmer the Guinness and butter in a small pot over medium heat, then add the cocoa and stir until smooth. Transfer to bowl of an electric mixer and mix on low for 3-5 minutes. (To cool it down, we don’t want our eggs scrambling!)
3. While the chocolate beer mixture cools a little bit, heat the cream over the stove or in the microwave, then pour over the dark chocolate and let stand one minute. Stir until smooth. Then add to chocolate beer mixture in mixer.
4. Add sour cream and eggs and mix until combined.
5. Add dry ingredients. Fill lined cupcake pans 3/4 full, then bake for about 20 minutes.
Beer + Butter, simmer.
6oz of chocolate chips!
Sour cream and eggs.
All mixed up!
My cupcake pans have seen better days!
Now for the frosting I used Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate. Mainly because I was short on time, but then changed my reasoning to the genius notion that my dad LOVES store-bought frosting, especially by itself. Is that a guy thing? Or is it just me that doesn’t prefer the super intensely sweet store-bought variety? Hmm, either way, this frosting went perfectly with this cupcake.
And of course I need some cute mustache cupcake toppers!! I found these guys over HERE.
And some delicious Dark Chocolate-Covered Pretzels from Trader Joe’s! All crushed up and sprinkled on top!
Dylan, my man & mustache representative.
While we were taking pictures my dog Annie got close to taking a bite! Maybe some Pupcakes are in order soon... =]
A real up close shot of the blonde mustache! Pretty legit.
These were so much fun to make, I don’t know what it is about mustaches that is so awesome!
Happy Movember everyone!
Do your part, grow a stache, support the cause.