Pumpkin Pie Latte Cupcakes!
I must say, fall & holiday baking is definitely my favorite time of year. ESPECIALLY Halloween! So get ready for a series of spooky & fun Halloween treats!
You know for sure that fall is here when coffee shops start bringing out seasonal flavors, like pumpkin pie!! My favorite =]
So I decided to turn my favorite seasonal drink into a yummy cupcake, lets see how I did it....
Both your sugars, spices, & baking powder.
Pumpkin + Cake four = one good cupcake.
The wet ingredients.
Add the wet to the dry, mix it up.
Cute mini cupcake liners I found on sale after Halloween last year!
Want some recipes? Here you go;
-makes about 24
2 cups cake flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup buttermilk
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees, and set out cupcake pans with liners. Whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder & spices in the bowl of a mixer.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, oil, buttermilk & eggs.
3. With mixer on low, slowly add the wet ingredients, mix until just combined & smooth.
4. Fill liners 3/4 full, then bake 20-25 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool on wire rack.
Oh what makes these cupcakes all coffee & yummy?
Kahlua. The good stuff.
Mocha Cream Cheese Frosting
-enough to frost about 24 cupcakes
1 stick unsalted butter
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon whipping cream
1 tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur
1 tablespoon dry instant coffee, if desired
1/4 cup baking cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1. Beat together softened butter & cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. In a small bowl, add instant coffee and Kahlua, mix to dissolve coffee.
2. Add Kahlua mixture & whipping cream to butter/cream cheese mixture. Mix until incorporated.
3. Sift together cocoa and powdered sugar, add 1/2 cup at a time, mixing thoroughly in between each addition.
4. Frost cupcakes as desired!
Adding the Kahlua to the dry coffee, yum!
Beautiful pumpkin cupcakes, cooled & ready to be frosted.
I love how the frosting looks like little pumpkins.
Happy first day of October!