Hey everyone! I don’t know if any of you have tried Biscoff spread, aka cookie butter, but it is amazing!
I first heard about Biscoff spread over at one of my favorite blogs, Picky Palate. Check out her Biscoff Cupcake recipe HERE!
Although this jar doesn’t say Biscoff, I think it tastes very similar & yummy. THANK YOU Trader Joe’s!
Super easy recipe. Mix all your wet ingredients together.
Whisk up your dry ingredients, then add to wet! Mix until combined & smooth.
I happened to have half a bag of white chocolate chips laying around, so I threw them in & mixed by hand.
Baked cupcakes, yum!!
Cookie Butter Cupcakes (Recipe adapted from Biscoff Cupcakes by Picky Palate)
-makes 18 cupcakes
11/2 cups all-purpose flour
11/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup Biscoff/cookie spread
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda & cinnamon.
3. With an electric mixer, blend together oil, sour cream, cookie spread, eggs & vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in white chocolate chips by hand. Divide batter between liners and bake 18-22 minutes. Cool on rack before frosting.
White Chocolate Buttercream
- enough to frost 18 cupcakes
4 sticks unsalted butter, softened
6 oz white chocolate, melted and cooled
2-4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 almond extract
1. Beat butter until creamy with electric mixer. Add melted and cooled white chocolate.
2. Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, until desired taste/sweetness achieved. Add extracts and mix until fluffy.
Melted white chocolate!
Finished frosting, all white and beautiful!
I frosted using a plain round tip and a fondant flower decoration!
Hope you guys love this recipe, don’t forget to search your local Trader Joe’s for cookie butter/Biscoff spread!
See you next time =]